KILIMANJARO

KILIMANJARO
Another trek challenge completed - Reaching
the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro at 19,341 feet above sea level and the highest
free standing mountain in the world is my proudest achievement so far. I didn’t start trekking until I retired and I
have surprised myself (and many others) in what I have accomplished. I have had
the most incredible experiences and met some amazing and inspirational people. Thank you so much for all of your
support on each endeavour and for believing in me. You have helped me to raise £9,500 on this
trek taking the total for all three treks to a fantastic £18,000, with Gift Aid to be added to that total.



Tuesday 20 July 2010

Week 8 - Monsal Dale, Derbyshire




4th July - 6 Hr walk with James & Hannah along the Monsal Trail, following the path alongside the disused Midland Railway line. Starting and finishing in Bakewell. From Monsal Head we took a detour - very steep (up and down) to Cresswell Mill Pond where the picture of the river Wye weir at Cressbrook was taken. Following the river through Sheldon and back to Bakewell. James and Hannah perfected an excellent 'push me - pull you' technique getting me over the stiles towards the end of the walk when my legs had lost their oomph !!

No comments:

Post a Comment