KILIMANJARO

KILIMANJARO
Another trek challenge completed - Reaching
the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro at 19,341 feet above sea level and the highest
free standing mountain in the world is my proudest achievement so far. I didn’t start trekking until I retired and I
have surprised myself (and many others) in what I have accomplished. I have had
the most incredible experiences and met some amazing and inspirational people. Thank you so much for all of your
support on each endeavour and for believing in me. You have helped me to raise £9,500 on this
trek taking the total for all three treks to a fantastic £18,000, with Gift Aid to be added to that total.



Tuesday 25 September 2012

Tuesday 18th Sept - Guebikou to Jinshanling - 7.5 hrs


Same morning routine. Walk started at 9.30 at Gubeikou section of the wall Very hot right from start. Temp 30 degrees. Walked for 7.1/2 hrs +. Many parts of wall in a perilous state, eroded by years of wind rain and winter snow. Very difficult terrain with watchtowers and battlements snaking across the hills. In many parts it was more like rock climbing! Very challenging particularly in heat. When we stopped for lunch one of the locals was waiting with a cool box of coca cola and sprite and then about 2 hrs later one appeared with ice lollies! Finally we arrived back. Paper cutting demonstration tonight, which was quite fascinating.





paper cutting

No comments:

Post a Comment