KILIMANJARO

KILIMANJARO
Another trek challenge completed - Reaching
the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro at 19,341 feet above sea level and the highest
free standing mountain in the world is my proudest achievement so far. I didn’t start trekking until I retired and I
have surprised myself (and many others) in what I have accomplished. I have had
the most incredible experiences and met some amazing and inspirational people. Thank you so much for all of your
support on each endeavour and for believing in me. You have helped me to raise £9,500 on this
trek taking the total for all three treks to a fantastic £18,000, with Gift Aid to be added to that total.



Thursday 20 November 2014

Friday September 26th - Day 3 Machame Gate to Machame Camp

Today was not tough terrain, it was a well worn path through fascinating rain forest where we were observed by Blue Monkeys. It was a long pull to our camp at 3,010m. I struggled at one point but a timely rest and a Snickers bar perked me up - 'poley-poley' thank goodness! We arrived at camp to popcorn, biscuits and ginger tea. Our tents are very small two man tents which you can't stand up in so I am feeling a little happier about having a tent to myself. It is very cold (and tonight is supposed to be our warmest) and I am feeling a bit rough with a headache and nausea. I struggled to eat dinner but I've taken some paracetamol and at 8.30pm we are all tucked up for the night. We have been warned that the altitude may make it difficult to sleep so it could be a long night! All you could hear during the night was the sound of tent zips as everyone made their way to the toilet tent at some point. It is freezing but the stars are amazing.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment