KILIMANJARO

KILIMANJARO
Another trek challenge completed - Reaching
the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro at 19,341 feet above sea level and the highest
free standing mountain in the world is my proudest achievement so far. I didn’t start trekking until I retired and I
have surprised myself (and many others) in what I have accomplished. I have had
the most incredible experiences and met some amazing and inspirational people. Thank you so much for all of your
support on each endeavour and for believing in me. You have helped me to raise £9,500 on this
trek taking the total for all three treks to a fantastic £18,000, with Gift Aid to be added to that total.



Thursday 9 August 2012

Monday 6th August – Whernside – 10 miles (5 hrs)



With Ann and Patrick. Starting from Ribblehead viaduct this Yorkshire Dales walk climbs to the summit of Whernside, one of Yorkshire's 'Big Three'. At 2,414 ft it is the highest point in the whole of North, South and West Yorkshire. We set off in poor weather conditions with Ingleborough ad Pen-Y-Ghent being obscured by low cloud and mist. However as it turned out all of the rain passed us by and by the end of the walk the sun was shining and we were able to enjoy the magnificent views over the other two peaks and on the other side we could see right over as far as the west coast.
Patrick and Ann

Ribblehead Viaduct with Whernside covered in mist in distance

The steepest bit!

View to Ingleborough

View to Pen-Y-Ghent

View of Whenside at the end of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment