KILIMANJARO

KILIMANJARO
Another trek challenge completed - Reaching
the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro at 19,341 feet above sea level and the highest
free standing mountain in the world is my proudest achievement so far. I didn’t start trekking until I retired and I
have surprised myself (and many others) in what I have accomplished. I have had
the most incredible experiences and met some amazing and inspirational people. Thank you so much for all of your
support on each endeavour and for believing in me. You have helped me to raise £9,500 on this
trek taking the total for all three treks to a fantastic £18,000, with Gift Aid to be added to that total.



Wednesday 29 August 2012

Sunday 26th August - Bakewell - Winster - Haddon Park - 18 miles (9 hrs)


With Daniel and Bear. the weather forecast was not good and the previous day had seen some torrential rain so we were prepared for wet and muddy terrain and that is exactly what we got!  We had only been going for about an hour when the rain started but it conveniently stopped after about three hours - just in time for lunch.   We enjoyed beautiful views of the surrounding countryside and the heather in full bloom on Stanton Moor was stunning. As we returned we had a great reminder of our balloon ride last year when we saw the Virgin hot air balloon taking off over Bakewell for the evening excursion.  A very enjoyable day in spite of the weather and the fall I had! With bruised knees and ribs I kept going with the lovely thought of a hot bath and cool glass of wine at the end of the day! It only hurts now when I laugh!


                             


No comments:

Post a Comment