KILIMANJARO

KILIMANJARO
Another trek challenge completed - Reaching
the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro at 19,341 feet above sea level and the highest
free standing mountain in the world is my proudest achievement so far. I didn’t start trekking until I retired and I
have surprised myself (and many others) in what I have accomplished. I have had
the most incredible experiences and met some amazing and inspirational people. Thank you so much for all of your
support on each endeavour and for believing in me. You have helped me to raise £9,500 on this
trek taking the total for all three treks to a fantastic £18,000, with Gift Aid to be added to that total.



Wednesday 8 August 2012

Sunday 10th June Malham to Malham Cove and Malham Tarn 8 miles (4 Hrs)



With James,Hannah & Bear. A beautiful day starting off with a great viewing (courtesy of the RSPB) of the young Perrigrine Falcons flying from their nest at Malham Cove. A regular sight now as they have been nesting there since 1993. There were 400 steps to be climbed at the beginning of the walk which nicely warmed us up and we then had to negotiate a massive limestone pavement with criss cross indentations before joining the footpath, which is part of the Pennine Way and making our way to Malham Tarn, where Bear enjoyed a bit of a paddle before we wound our way back. Another lovely sunny day with fantastic scenery.




No comments:

Post a Comment